In this episode, Cynthia spoke with JJ Virgin, the author of four New York Times bestsellers: The Virgin Diet, The Virgin Diet Cookbook, JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet, and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook. Additionally, she is a prominent TV and media personality, whose previous features include co-host of TLC’s Freaky Eaters, 2 years as the on-camera nutritionist for Weight Loss Challenges on Dr. Phil, and appearances on PBS, Dr. Oz, Rachael Ray, Access Hollywood, and the TODAY Show. She also speaks regularly and has shared the stage with notables including Seth Godin, Lisa Nichols, Gary Vaynerchuk, Mark Hyman, Dan Buettner, and Mary Morrissey.
JJ has launched over 10 businesses, and her current endeavors include Founder of The Mindshare Collaborative, the most influential community in health. JJ also hosts two popular podcasts, Mindcast for health experts and entrepreneurs and the JJ Virgin Lifestyle Show with health tips for consumers, with over 4.5 million downloads and counting. She also writes for Rodale Wellness, Mind Body Green, and other major blogs and magazines. Her most important role is as a mom of two budding entrepreneurial young men.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- Why your body is a chemistry lab, not a bank account
- How habits dictate your hormones
- How to have your downtime without snacking
- The importance of relationships on your health
Connect With JJ Virgin:
- Check out her website: https://jjvirgin.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JJVirginOfficial/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jj.virgin/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/jjvirginvideos
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinal medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.