Do you have metabolic problems? Did you know you can turn them around with intermittent fasting? We are delighted to have Megan Ramos on the show with us today. Megan is a Canadian Clinical Educator and an expert on therapeutic fasting and low carb diets. She used to suffer from type two diabetes and metabolic problems. She tried fasting to overcome her physical problems and within six months, she reversed her diabetes, PCOS, fatty liver, and she lost over sixty pounds. Fasting gave her the energy and clarity of mind to learn about new ways of eating. She has now lost over eighty pounds and she has maintained her weight for the last nine years. Stay tuned to hear her story!
Megan is Co-founder of The Fasting Method, along with her colleague, Jason Fung. She has guided more than 14 000 people worldwide, and she is the author of the New York Times bestseller, Life in the Fasting Lane. In today’s episode, she shares her journey, talks about metabolic syndrome, discusses the benefits of fasting, and shares some of her strategies for taking the fear out fasting. Be sure to listen in!
“Metabolic syndrome is synonymous with insulin resistance. Those words can be used interchangeably.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- What brought Megan to fasting.
- What metabolic syndrome is, and why it’s so significant.
- What causes metabolic syndrome.
- The many ways in which insulin resistance can affect the body.
- How fasting helps break the cycle of insulin resistance.
- Taking the fear out of fasting.
- Sustainable strategies for weight loss.
- What people can consume while fasting, that won’t break their fast.
Connect With Megan Ramos:
- Megan’s website
- The Fasting Method Network Facebook Group
- The Fasting Method on Instagram
- Megan on Instagram
- The Fasting Method on Twitter
- Megan on Twitter
- The Fasting Method on YouTube
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinal medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.