We are excited to welcome Abel James as our guest for today’s podcast! Abel is a New York Times bestselling author, musician, and creator of the hit podcast, Fat-Burning Man. His new book and audiobook, entitled Designer Babies Still Get Scabies is a number one international bestseller in humor, and it is available now. Stay tuned for more!
Abel and his wife have both dedicated their lives to the field of health. They have been working in that space for more than a decade now, and it has become a big part of their identities. About a year ago, they went through a frightening health crisis as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. It took them a long time to recover, and coming back from it was one of the most humbling experiences that Abel has ever had.
In today’s episode, he talks about his chilling experience, which took everything he loved doing away from him for almost a year. He also shares the story of what brought him into the health and wellness space and discusses his philosophy around intermittent fasting. Be sure to join us today, to hear Abel’s fascinating story!
“If you can start exercising fasted, then the benefits there from a physiological and a longevity point of view, really start to stack on each other.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- The frightening experience that Abel and his wife had about a year ago.
- Where carbon monoxide comes from, and why you need to make sure that you’re monitoring for it in your vehicles and in your house.
- Abel’s humbling experience of coming back from carbon monoxide poisoning.
- The many challenges that Abel and his wife had to face while recovering.
- Why Abel came back with more empathy than ever before.
- How taking good care of your overall health can save your life in a crisis.
- What brought Abel into the health and wellness space.
- What happened to Abel when he was much younger and started following the wrong advice.
- How becoming an author and Abel’s podcast came about.
- Why change needs to come from the bottom up.
- The importance of collaboration.
- The manipulation, lack of transparency, and bias Abel has experienced on certain social media platforms.
- What Abel recommends for getting reliable information and protecting your personal information.
- How, why, and when Abel got interested in intermittent fasting as a philosophy and a strategy.
Connect With Abel James:
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinal medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.