We’re delighted to have Dr. Jason Fung joining us today! Dr. Jason is a well-known, leading expert in intermittent fasting and low carbohydrate diets. He is a Canadian-trained nephrologist, and he has written many best-selling health books, including The Complete Guide to Fasting, The Obesity Code, and Life in the Fasting Lane. He has a new book coming out soon called The Cancer Code.
Dr. Jason has a real desire to help and serve his patients. Although he was trained in traditional western medicine, he came to realize that many of the strategies he was using with his patients were not working from a preventative standpoint. He is with us today to share his story, explain the truth about diabetes, kidney disease, and insulin, talk about his new book, and discuss the healthiest and easiest way to lose weight and improve your overall health. Be sure to stay tuned for more!
“It’s not the number of calories that you eat. It’s what your body does with those calories.”
Dr. Jason Fung
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The truth about diabetes and kidney disease.
- How fasting can cure diabetes.
- The changing paradigms of medicine.
- The hormonal effects of insulin.
- Why counting calories will not help you to lose weight.
- The healthiest way to lose weight.
- Some of the reasons that people reach plateaus with intermittent fasting and what they can do about it.
- Why no one diet works for everybody.
- Extended fasting as an option.
- Dr. Jason’s new book The Cancer Code.
Connect with Dr. Jason Fung
- Dr. Jason Fung’s website The Fasting Method
- Dr. Jason Fung on Twitter
- Dr. Jason Fung on Instagram
- Dr. Jason Fung on YouTube
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
Dr Fung’s Books:
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinal medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.