We’re excited to have Dr. Stephanie Estima joining us today! Dr. Stephanie is an expert in female metabolism and body composition. She has a passion for intermittent fasting and functional neurology, brain metabolism, and the specific application of the ketogenic diet and fasting to female physiology. She also likes to focus on distilling strategies and nutritional proxies, movement, posture, and mindset-actualized human potential, healthspan, longevity, and achievement.
Many women are asking about what goes on in their bodies during their fertile years. And they also want to learn more about their menstrual cycles. That is an area where Dr. Stephanie shines, so in today’s episode, she talks to us about what happens each month during your menstrual cycle, why you need more muscle, the best time to try to get pregnant, and when it’s the right time to do a fast or a keto diet. Be sure to tune in today to find out about eating, fasting, and training in accordance with your menstrual cycle.
“As an adult female, irrespective of your age, it’s important to be able to harness the power that comes from understanding where you are in the cycle.”
Dr. Stephanie Estima
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What goes on with your body each month when you have a menstrual cycle.
- Keto for women. How to do it right and why women are not meant to be in ketosis forever.
- How to eat in line with your menstrual cycle
- How to fast in line with your menstrual cycle
- What happens in the menstrual cycle when you ovulate.
- The best time for you to try to fall pregnant.
- How Dr. Stephanie guides women with weight issues or insulin resistance through their menstrual cycle.
- Why you need to keep on building muscle throughout your lifetime.
- The influence that oral contraceptives have on a woman’s body.
- Some tell-tale signs that show that a woman is pushing herself too hard.
- The book, The Betty Body, that Dr. Stephanie is very close to completing.
Connect with Dr. Stephanie Estima
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinal medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.