We’re thrilled to have Alisa Vitti joining us on the show today! Alisa is a women’s hormone and functional nutrition expert, and a pioneer in female biohacking and femtech. Her company is called FLO Living, and it is helping to change the narrative for women’s hormonal and menstrual healthcare. Through FLO Living’s digital programs, telehealth coaching, and supplements, women everywhere can naturally treat their hormonal issues like PCOS, PMS, Infertility, and Perimenopause.
Many women struggle with their health and managing all that they have to do in their busy lives. Alisa is a wealth of knowledge, and she believes that it is long overdue for an end to women’s unnecessary hormonal suffering. Diet, fitness, and medical research has historically been done on men and postmenopausal women, but there is a lack of research being done on women’s health. As a result, women are eating, working out, and living in a way that does not work for their female biochemistry. In this episode, Alisa discusses the infradian rhythm and explains what women need to know to optimize their health during their reproductive years. Be sure to stay tuned today to find out what Alisa has to share about optimizing women’s hormonal health.
“As of 2015, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists decreed that your cycle is your fifth vital sign.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- The origin story of Alisa and her company, FLO Living.
- Alisa explains what femtech is.
- What the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists decreed about women’s cycles, in 2015.
- Why women need to ovulate in every menstrual cycle.
- The kind of information that is vital for women from early on in life.
- About women’s INFRADIAN biological rhythm, and how changing a few things can set women up for a completely different experience of their health and hormonal issues.
- The methodology that Alisa created to help women in synching with the infradian rhythm in their bodies.
- A biohack to help women modulate their food and fitness with what is happening to them metabolically, across their cycle.
- The toxic mythology that keeps women ill.
- Taking care of yourself like the champion that you are.
- How Alisa suggests that women should look at perimenopause.
- About the MyFLO app that Alisa created.
More about Alisa Vitti
Alisa Vitti is also the creator of the MyFLO period app – helping you have a better period the more you use it. It is ranked consistently in the top 10 of paid apps in the highly competitive health and fitness category on iTunes.
She has written two bestselling books: WomanCode and the newly released, In the FLO – the first book to discuss the female infradian rhythm. It describes her IG-loved Cycle Syncing Method(TM)— the first and only diet, fitness, and lifestyle program that is based on female hormonal patterns.
A graduate of Johns Hopkins University, Vitti and her company have been featured in the New York Times, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and more. She is a course instructor for Mind Body Green and on the council for Well + Good.
She was selected as PureWow 100 Women to Watch in 2018 and Thrive Global 12 Women Entrepreneurs Changing the World in 2019. She was the first female biohacker invited to present at SXSW in 2016. She was the first person to simulate menstrual blood colors (using fruit juices) on national television in 2013.
Her TEDx talk has been viewed over a million times. She has presented at Talks@Google and Summit Series.
She is passionate about ending the long-standing gender bias that excludes women from medical, fitness, and nutrition research. She is also dedicated to improving workplace equality for women by increasing biological rhythm sensitivity and awareness. Vitti gets invited regularly to train teams on how to use her Cycle Syncing Method(TM) for greater creativity, productivity, and wellbeing at work.
Connect with Alisa
You can find Alisa on social media @ FLO Living and @ alisa.vitti
Recommended movie – Hysteria with Maggie Gyllenhaal
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.