We are delighted to have Shawn Wells joining us on the show today. Shawn is the world’s leading nutritional biochemist and expert on Health Optimization. He is also a biohacker, and he has formulated over 500 supplements, food, beverages, and cosmeceuticals. He has patented ten novel ingredients and, as such, has become known as the Ingredientologist – the scientist of ingredients.
Shawn became a biohacker and a formulator because he had health issues. He has managed to overcome various autoimmune problems, including Epstein-Barr Virus, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hashimoto’s disease, and Fibromyalgia, which all hit him at once because he was going so hard. Those issues shut him down for six months, and in all of that time, he could not even get out of bed.
This year, Shawn stopped what he was doing, went inward, and started working with various therapies and doing plant medicine. As a result, everything changed for him. Be sure to listen in today to find out from Shawn how to make your way back to optimum health.
“I’ve started doing micro-dosing, and that’s helped change my outlook.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Shawn’s journey to good health.
- Byron Katie’s tenets, what she embraces, and the transformative work she does.
- Where Shawn’s health issues stemmed from.
- How Shawn’s life-path changed and how he got to where he is now.
- Why Shawn feels so blessed as a result of all the health issues that have happened to him.
- What bio-hacking is, and how it can help you live a fuller life.
- Why you need to get enough sleep and have regular sleep patterns.
- How keto can help to prevent metabolic dysfunction.
- What you can do proactively to support your mitochondrial health.
- How micro-dosing can help you heal.
- How adaptogens help you to normalize.
- What Shawn recommends in terms of quality supplements.
More about Shawn Wells
Formerly a Chief Clinical Dietitian with over a decade of clinical experience, Shawn has counseled thousands of people on natural health solutions such as keto, paleo, fasting, and supplements. He has also personally overcome various health issues, including Epstein-Barr Virus, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, depression, insomnia, obesity, and a pituitary tumor.
As a world-renowned thought-leader on mitochondrial health, he has been paid to speak on five different continents. His insights have featured prominently in documentaries, nationally syndicated radio programs, and regularly on morning television. His expertise can help any health-conscious individual to better manage stress and experience higher performance and more energy through utilizing his practical, holistic solutions.
Connect with Shawn
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.