We are excited to have Dave Feldman joining us as our guest for today’s show. Dave is a Senior Software Engineer who became obsessed with cholesterol after seeing his levels rise on a ketogenic diet. That led to his observation of the “Lipid Energy Model” to help explain these changes, and he has since conducted over fifty experiments that demonstrate rapid changes of lipid levels using this new understanding.
Dave has done some very interesting work. He admits to being a bit obsessed with cholesterol, which is a synthesized organic molecule that binds every single cell in our bodies. He describes it as “the intellectual property of the animal kingdom”. In this episode, he talks to us about what opened up his interest in cholesterol, what cholesterol represents, and how it works in the body. He also discusses how the cholesterol paradigm has shifted, the effects of a ketogenic diet on cholesterol levels, and he explains his Lipid Energy Model. Dave can dilute the very complicated information about cholesterol and makes it accessible, so stay tuned to find out all you need to know about cholesterol, lipids, and triglycerides.
“Cholesterol literally binds every single cell that we have in our body.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What cholesterol represents, why you should be concerned about it, and how that paradigm has shifted.
- Why cholesterol would go up on a low carb diet.
- The risk associated with the changes in lipids for low carb.
- What surprised Dave when he looked at his lab results before, and then after starting keto.
- Dave’s fascinating Lipid Energy Model.
- What and who the lean-mass hyper-responders are.
- How you can hack your labs.
- How rapidly your blood work numbers can change, and the importance of being transparent with your health-care provider.
- Why some people remain insulin resistant when they are ketogenic, and whether or not that is acceptable.
- Whether or not Dave thinks that whole carbs will oxidize.
- How can we truly answer the question of risk in this uncharted territory?
Connect with Dave Feldman
Dave on Instagram
Dave on Twitter
Dave on Facebook
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.