We are thrilled and excited today to have Robb Wolf as our guest. Robb is a former research biochemist, a two-time New York Times and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Paleo Solution and Wired to Eat, and co-author of Sacred Cow. He has helped transform lots of lives and thousands of people across the world with his podcasts, books, and seminars. He has functioned as a review editor for the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, and is a consultant for the Naval Special Warfare Resiliency Program, and serves on multiple boards.
Robb was once a state power-lifting champion, and he has always been interested in human performance. Both his parents were quite sick, and observing their downward health slide, Robb suspected that there could be a better way to live, for better outcomes. His lifestyle eventually led him to a health crisis, which brought him to an ancestral way of living and eating and then to the paleolithic diet. In this episode, Robb shares his journey and talks about his books. Be sure to listen in today to find out what Robb has to share about the paleo diet and the importance of optimum nutrition for optimum health.
“I have always been interested in human performance.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Robb shares his background.
- Robb shares how he started developing an ancestral health model.
- About Robb’s first book, The Paleo Solution. It sold nearly a million copies.
- Some of the dogma that has been disproven about eating a nutrient-dense, whole foods diet.
- The importance of getting enough protein in your diet.
- Robb shares some strategies to get people to boost their protein intake.
- Robb explains the importance of having enough stomach acid.
- Why and how the book Sacred Cow that Robb co-authored with Diana Rodgers came about.
- Robb talks about his surprising discovery that there is very little nutritional difference between meat from grass-fed animals and those raised conventionally.
- Animals could get treated better before they get slaughtered.
- The electrolytes in Robb’s LMNT powder have been assisting first responders and boosting women’s breast milk.
Connect with Robb Wolf
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.