Today, we are excited to have Dr. Cate Shanahan joining us as our guest. Dr. Cate is a board-certified family medicine physician and a globally recognized metabolic health expert who has changed the nutrition conversation. If you have heard that vegetable oils are unhealthy and that bone broth is part of a healthy diet, that was thanks to Dr. Cate’s books, blogs, and her work with the LA Lakers and other legendary sports franchises.
Dr. Cate started her career with a traditional, Western medicine mindset which does not focus on food as an integral part of health and wellness. She went through all her medical training, hoping to find the underlying cause of her sports injuries, but unfortunately never got there. Then she got sick with a knee infection, and when nothing else worked, she started to question everything she had ever learned about nutrition.
In this episode, Dr. Cate shares her journey to wellness, tells the story of the biggest medical lie, and explains the trap people get sucked into with certain aspects of the medical system. She also explains how the foundation for your good health starts with the food you eat. Stay tuned today to hear those stories, and learn how to best support the complex physiology of your body so that it can function at its normal and fullest level.
“I ultimately discovered that my medical training, the nutrition part of what doctors still learn, is based on a lie.”
Dr. Cate Shanahan
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Dr. Cate explains what fueled her desire to learn more about health and wellness.
- How biochemistry gave Dr. Cate the confidence to go against what she had been taught.
- Why seed and vegetable oils are your number one health enemy.
- The “hateful eight” oils that you should always avoid eating.
- The story behind the biggest medical lie.
- The story of the origin of the American Heart Association.
- The American Heart Association is the source of the current nutritional dogma.
- What the profits over health mindset has led to.
- The shift that Dr. Cate experienced while living in Hawaii.
- The effects that seed and vegetable oils have on the body over time.
- The truth about cholesterol.
- Why seed oils are a driving factor for the pandemic.
- Some critical steps you can take towards changing to a healthier diet.
Connect with Dr. Cate Shanahan
On her website
Books by Catherine Shanahan MD:
Spontaneous Healing by Andrew Weil
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life