Today, we have a treat for all of you, our listeners! Vinnie Tortorich, one of the very first people to ever talk about the benefits of low carb and ketogenic diets on the internet, is joining us as our guest.
Vinnie started his Fitness Confidential Podcast nearly ten years ago. The show has produced well over 1,700 episodes, and it amasses more than a million downloads per month. Vinnie published his book, Fitness Confidential, in the year following the launch of his podcast. It instantly became a bestseller and continues to sell well on Amazon and Audible.
In 2019, he wrote, produced, and starred in Fat, a documentary that rose to number one in several categories across iTunes and ranked incredibly well on Amazon and Amazon Prime. It is currently the best selling movie ever released by Gravitas Ventures and is teamed with a sequel titled Fat: A Documentary 2, which is now available for resale on iTunes and was released worldwide in the first week of January 2021.
“You can’t eat around a bad diet.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- Vinnie discusses how he went from being an exercise physiology student in New Orleans to ending up in California and becoming a major influencer in the low carb/keto zone of genius.
- Vinnie talks about the point at which he started changing his philosophy and thinking beyond conventional wisdom.
- Vinnie describes the nutritional environment in which he grew up.
- The dietary changes that Vinnie made when he began putting on too much weight.
- Vinnie discusses what led to him moving from New Orleans to LA in 1991.
- The resistance that Vinnie encountered in LA when he suggested that kids should stop eating sugar and how that eventually led to him working with the Hollywood elite.
- Why most people fail to understand how much of a chemical processed sugar is.
- Vinnie talks about how and when he realized that being in ketosis is an important tool for maintaining physical health.
- Vinnie explains what keto is and what it is not.
- What happens when you eat too much fake food.
- What it took for Vinnie to get UltraFat, his real, vegan, keto-friendly, on-the-go product on the market.
- What you can expect to see in Vinnie’s new move, Fat: A Documentary 2.
- Vinnie shares his feelings about censorship in the health and wellness space.
- Vinnie talks about what he will be working on next.
Connect with Vinnie
Ultrafat is available from NSNG Foods
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.