We are thrilled to have Dave Asprey joining us as our guest for today’s podcast! Dave is the Founder and Chairman of Bulletproof. He is a three-time New York Times bestselling science author, host of the Webby award-winning podcast Bulletproof Radio, and was featured on the Today Show, CNN, The New York Times, Dr. Oz, and more.
Dave is very well-known in the biohacking sphere. His first big book was The Bulletproof Diet, which has been out for about seven years. (The diet has been out for about the last ten years.) The book includes the things you should not eat, when to eat, intermittent fasting, and hacks to intermittent fasting. It has helped people to lose more than a million pounds.
In this episode, Dave shares the truth about keto and explains how to fast for optimum health. Be sure to tune in today to hear Dave’s story and find out what made him decide to write his latest book.
“Ninety percent of how you look comes from what you put in your mouth, and when you put it in your mouth.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Dave explains what made him decide to write his latest book.
- Dave explains what return on means in terms of fasting.
- Optimal health starts with what you eat and when you eat it.
- Dave talks about the vegan trap in which he found himself.
- Dave shares some excellent advice about fasting, for women in particular.
- How fasting helps you to become more plugged into the world around you.
- Fasting is about a whole lot more than just losing weight.
- Dave shares three hacks to help you to improve your fasting skills.
- How to make MCT oil easier to tolerate.
- Dave talks about Inner Fuel, the prebiotic fiber he makes for Bulletproof.
- Dave explains why he likes to use raw honey.
- Learning to be kind to yourself around exercise.
- Learning to be peaceful with your hunger.
- Dave discusses what is coming up next for him.
- The benefits of using a continuous glucose monitor.
Connect with Dave
Sign up for Dave’s Bulletproof Program
Dave’s New Book: Fast This Way
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinical medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues, and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.