We are excited to have Dr. Will Cole joining us as our guest for today. He is a leading functional-medicine expert who consults people around the world. Named one of the top 50 functional medicine and integrative doctors in the nation, Dr. Cole specializes in clinically investigating underlying factors of chronic disease and customizing a functional medicine approach for thyroid issues, autoimmune conditions, hormonal imbalances, digestive disorders, and brain problems. He is very well-known as the bestselling author of Ketotarian, The Inflammation Spectrum, and his newly-released book, Intuitive Fasting, where he explains how to use the powerful benefits of flexible intermittent fasting to gain metabolic flexibility and find food peace. He is also hosting the new podcast, The Art of Being Well.
Dr. Cole has always been interested in health and wellness, even as a young kid. His parents were ahead of their time in terms of their approach to health and wellness. In the sixth or seventh grade, he was inspired by the book Patient Heal Thyself, where the author, Jordan Rubin, spoke about reversing his autoimmune condition with food. Dr. Cole’s interest in health eventually evolved into a desire to be formally trained. Be sure to listen in today to hear about his new book, Intuitive Fasting, and learn about how fasting will benefit your health beyond just losing weight.
“I really think that wellness should come from authentic intuition.”
Dr. Will Cole
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Dr. Cole discusses his background and how he created his powerful platform for his patients.
- Dr. Cole discusses what the impetus was for writing his book about intermittent fasting.
- Dr. Cole believes that wellness should come from our authentic intuition.
- Dr. Cole unpacks what metabolic flexibility means, and he explains why we should be concerned about it.
- Dr. Cole explains how much the mentality of fasting differs from that of counting calories.
- Dr. Cole explains why it is critical to eat for satiety and to align yourself with the intuitive eating approach.
- Ways to avoid eating too much fat when following the ketogenic diet.
- Dr. Cole talks about the anti-aging benefits of fasting.
- Why you need to find a sustainable way of eating where you can leverage all the benefits without doing too much too soon.
- How effective fasting differs for men and women.
- Dr. Cole discusses his personal dietary preferences.
- Dr. Cole shares his take on using bio-hacking tools.
Connect with Will Cole
On his website
On his Instagram
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Welcome to the Everyday Wellness podcast with Cynthia Thurlow! Cynthia is a mom of 2 boys, wife, nurse practitioner, and intermittent fasting and nutrition expert. She has over 20 years experience in emergency medicine and cardiology, but pivoted to focus on food as medicine. She loves to share science-backed practical information to improve your overall well being and is grateful to be interviewing leaders in the health and wellness field. Her goal with Everyday Wellness is to help her listeners make simple changes to their everyday lives that will result in improved overall wellness and long term health.