We are delighted and excited to welcome Dr. Ken Berry back as our guest. He is a board-certified family medicine physician based in Tennessee, and he has dedicated his practice to fighting to end the epidemics of chronic disease caused by hyperinsulinemia. Dr. Berry was one of our favorite guests from 2020, and we brought him back on the show because it is the start of a new year, and we would like to get a fresh perspective on how to get back on track. Today, he will be speaking to us about the recent USDA dietary guidelines, weight-loss stalls, and sugar addiction.
Ken Berry is a certified physician, an Amazon Best Selling Author, and a passionate advocate of health on his YouTube channel where he has over one million subscribers. Along with his online presence, he is active in his community of Camden Tennessee where he has been practicing at The Berry Clinic since 2003. Dr. Berry is known for his direct, no-nonsense approach to health and wellness. After signing with Victory Belt Publishing House this year, Dr. Berry just released the second edition of his best-selling book Lies My Doctor Told Me. He is also writing his second book called Common Sense Keto for Type II Diabetes. He looks forward to working with the real people of the world in continuing his mission to bring an end to the obesity and Type II diabetes epidemics, along with bringing awareness to such issues as thyroid health and hormone optimization. Be sure to listen in today to find out what Dr. Ken has to share about fighting hyperinsulinemia with a proper diet.
“The billion-dollar multinational corporations that sell us this highly ultra-processed food already know it’s not healthy, and it promotes insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, obesity, fatty liver, type two diabetes, and pre-diabetes.”
Dr. Ken Berry
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Dr. Berry talks about the influence of the major food and beverage companies on the USDA dietary guidelines.
- How the big food corporations are taking advantage of our evolutionarily passed-on craving for sweetness.
- Why people are struggling with losing weight.
- Reclaiming control over your diet is a powerful step that can open many doors for you.
- Some people become more easily addicted than others to various things, including sweetness. That’s why you need to be honest with yourself if you think you have a problem.
- A national health crisis is evident due to the vast number of adults in the US who have at least one metabolic syndrome marker.
- There is a lot of value in using a CGM to monitor your blood sugar, to see your response to specific macronutrients.
- The kind of damage you cause to your body when your blood sugar spikes above 140.
- Dr. Berry shares his thoughts about various supplements, like Berberine and Chromium.
- Dr. Berry defines a proper human diet.
- A nutritional suggestion for those who don’t have much access to fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Dr. Berry discusses his position on sleep and stress.
- What Dr. Berry will be focusing on in 2021.
Connect with Ken
Follow Dr. Berry on his rediscovery of the proper human diet. He goes live on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter, every Monday at 7 pm central standard time.
Sugar Fat Salt by Michael Moss
Sacred Cow by Diana Rodgers and Robb Wolf
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Welcome to the Everyday Wellness podcast with Cynthia Thurlow! Cynthia is a mom of 2 boys, wife, nurse practitioner, and intermittent fasting and nutrition expert. She has over 20 years experience in emergency medicine and cardiology, but pivoted to focus on food as medicine. She loves to share science-backed practical information to improve your overall well being and is grateful to be interviewing leaders in the health and wellness field. Her goal with Everyday Wellness is to help her listeners make simple changes to their everyday lives that will result in improved overall wellness and long term health.