We are excited to have Dr. Glenn Livingston joining us on the show today. Dr. Glenn Livingston is a veteran psychologist and was the long-time CEO of a multi-million dollar consulting firm that has serviced several Fortune 500 clients in the food industry. You may have seen his or his company’s work, theories, and research in major periodicals, like the New York Times, the LA Times, the Chicago Sun-Times, the New York Daily News, American Demographics, or any other media outlets. You may have also heard of him on ABC, WGN, and our CBS Radio or UPN TV.
Disillusioned by what traditional psychology had to offer overweight and/or food-obsessed individuals, Dr. Livingston spent several decades researching the nature of bingeing and overeating via his work with his patients and a self-funded research program. Most importantly, his personal journey led him out of obesity and a food-prison to a normal healthy weight and a much more light-hearted relationship with food. Be sure to stay tuned today to hear his story and find out how to stop overeating, stress eating, or binge eating and how to stick to any diet.
“I’m a former binge-eater.”
Dr. Glenn Livingston
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Dr. Glenn shares his story and explains how his journey influenced where he is today.
- How Dr. Glenn’s book, Never Binge Again, came about.
- Dr. Glenn dives into the concept of binge-eating and cravings-cycles and explains why some people are more susceptible to those types of behaviors than others.
- Dr. Glenn believes that decision-making wears down your will-power.
- Dr. Glenn talks about why people have different types of cravings related to different kinds of stress.
- Dr. Glenn looks at the idea of moderation versus abstinence.
- Dr. Glenn unpacks the societal pressures around sugar and alcohol.
- Dr. Glenn talks about why some people tend to binge-eat when breaking an intermittent fast and how they can overcome it.
- Dr. Glenn explains why you need to watch out for asking why certain things are the way they are.
- Why flour is so intoxicating.
- Dr. Glenn explains what the phenomenon of down-regulation is and how it works.
Connect with Dr. Glenn
On his website – Click the big red button
Never Binge Again by Dr. Glenn Livingston
Sugar Fat Salt by Michael Moss
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
- Follow on Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Check out Cynthia’s website
- Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Welcome to the Everyday Wellness podcast with Cynthia Thurlow! Cynthia is a mom of 2 boys, wife, nurse practitioner, and intermittent fasting and nutrition expert. She has over 20 years experience in emergency medicine and cardiology, but pivoted to focus on food as medicine. She loves to share science-backed practical information to improve your overall well being and is grateful to be interviewing leaders in the health and wellness field. Her goal with Everyday Wellness is to help her listeners make simple changes to their everyday lives that will result in improved overall wellness and long term health.