I am delighted to connect with Brad Kearns today! Brad is a New York Times bestselling author, Guinness World Record setting professional Speedgolfer, #1 ranked USA high jumper, and a former US national champion and triathlete. He hosts the B.rad podcast covering healthy living, peak performance, and personal growth.
Brad has always had high standards and a competitive edge that he never wants to let go of, especially as he ages. In this episode, we define fitness and dive into the cultural programming within the western medicine mindset. We talk about avoiding overtraining or training when we are stressed or sick, stress hormones, and the importance of having an ancestral health perspective on your physical activity. We also spoke about nutritional dogma, nutritional philosophies, critical thinking, and more.
I hope you enjoy listening to today’s conversation with Brad Kearns as much as I did recording it! Stay tuned to learn how to pursue peak performance with passion throughout your life!
“Many experts contend now that just increasing all forms of general everyday movement is vastly more important than adhering to a regimented, diligent fitness program.”
– Brad Kearns
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The importance of preserving functional lean muscle mass throughout life for longevity.
- How to improve your level of fitness in a healthy and stress-free manner as you age.
- Fitness does not have to be an ordeal that involves struggling and suffering.
- The benefits of sprinkling opportunities to be more active into your daily routine rather than going to extremes and pushing yourself too hard.
- What happens to your metabolic and hormonal processes when you over-exert yourself physically?
- Brad shares a formula to work out your heart rate limit for aerobic activities.
- How to change your mentality and become more peppy and active throughout the day.
- How to do more appropriate high-intensity workouts.
- What happens to your body when you go too hard for too long?
- Overcoming patterns of over-exercising, over-fasting, and avoiding certain macros.
- Brad discusses his nutritional evolution over the last ten to fifteen years, shares his personal alternative to fasting, and talks about his Carnivore Scores Chart.
- How to maintain optimum metabolic health and avoid losing muscle mass as you get older.
Brad Kearns is a New York Times bestselling author, Guinness World Record setting professional Speedgolfer, #1 ranked USA age 55-59 high jumper and former US national champion, and #3 world-ranked professional triathlete. He hosts the B.rad podcast covering healthy living, peak performance, and personal growth with his carefree style and lively sense of humor.
Brad has written over twenty books on diet, health, peak performance, and ancestral living, and is a popular speaker, retreat host, and host of numerous online multimedia educational courses at BradKearns.com. In 2017, The Keto Reset Diet (co-authored with Mark Sisson) became New York Times bestseller, and #1 ranked overall bestselling book on amazon.com for two days.
Brad’s main message is to encourage the pursuit of peak performance with passion throughout life. He promotes the importance of performing a daily morning exercise routine for a natural energy boost, improved strength, mobility, and flexibility, and better focus and discipline in all areas of life.
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
Connect with Brad Kearns