I’m excited to connect with Dr. Bill Schindler today! He is the author of Eat Like a Human: Nourishing Foods and Ancient Ways of Cooking to Revolutionize Your Health. He is also an internationally known archaeologist, primitive technologist, chef, and co-founder of Modern Stone Age Kitchen.
Dr. Schindler is all about helping people understand ancestral approaches to maximizing safety, nutrient density, and bioavailability. In this episode, we dive into his background and discuss what we should eat, milestones related to ancestral health perspectives, nutrient density, bioavailability, and how technology has impacted how we eat today. We also discuss plant toxins, organ meats, dairy, bug protein, and more.
I loved Dr. Schindler’s book, Eat Like a Human: Nourishing Foods and Ancient Ways of Cooking to Revolutionize Your Health, so do check it out! I hope you enjoy listening to our fascinating conversation. Stay tuned for more!
“We are the only species on the planet that hires other people to tell us how we should be eating.”
– Dr. Bill Schindler
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Dr. Schindler went from being a wrestler to having an evolutionary perspective on food, how we interact with it, and living a paleolithic lifestyle.
- How important evolutionary milestones have impacted the way most people eat.
- Most of us have become severely disconnected from our food system.
- What plant toxins do to our bodies, and what we can do to make them less toxic so that we can consume them safely
- The biggest problem with oxalates.
- Changes that have occurred that may contribute to people becoming intolerant to dairy.
- What is the difference between raw milk and pasteurized and homogenized milk?
- How to get the maximum nutrition most safely from dairy.
- Ways to prepare organ meats and offal to make them more appetizing.
- We can benefit from including insects in our diet.
- Dr. Schindler explains what he and his family are doing at the Modern Stone Age Kitchen.
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
Connect with Dr. Bill Schindler
- On his websites: www.eatlikeahuman.com or www.modernstoneagekitchen.com
- The Eastern Shore Food Lab Non-profit
- Follow Dr. Schindler online: @Dr. Bill Schindler and @Modern Stone Age Kitchen
Eat Like a Human: Nourishing Foods and Ancient Ways of Cooking to Revolutionize Your Health is available in print, audio, or digital from any major online book supplier. Or order a signed copy from Dr. Schindler’s website.