In this episode, Cynthia and Kelly sat down with Dr. Jeff Bland. He has been an internationally recognized leader in the nutritional medicine field for over 35 years and is known as the father of functional medicine for his ability to synthesize complex scientific concepts in a manner that is both personable and accessible.
A biochemist by training, Dr. Bland earned dual degrees in biology and chemistry from the University of California, Irvine, and completed his PhD in organic chemistry at the University of Oregon. He is a Fellow of both the American College of Nutrition where he is a Certified Nutrition Specialist and the Association for Clinical Biochemistry.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How Dr. Bland got into functional medicine
- What root-cause medicine means
- The 4 quadrants of function
- The link between functional medicine and network biology/systems biology
- Educational resources for understanding functional medicine
Connect With Dr. Jeff Bland
- Check out his website (https://jeffreybland.com/)
- Check out his website (http://plminstitute.org/)
- Connect on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/jeffreyblandphd/)
- Visit his Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/drjeffreybland/)
Collect Your Dry Farm Wines Gift: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
Connect with Dr. Kelly Donahue
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your co-hosts, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and functional nutritionist) and Dr. Kelly Donahue (clinical health psychologist and nutritional therapy consultant) have over 25 years of combined experience in medicine, psychology, and wellness. Our mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. We are busy mompreneurs and know how important your time is. We have designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. We interview a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and we discuss important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.