In this episode, Cynthia sat down with Dr. Terry Wahls to discuss COVID-19. She is an Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner and a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she conducts clinical trials. In 2018 she was awarded the Institute for Functional Medicine’s Linus Pauling Award for her contributions in research, clinical care and patient advocacy. She is also a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years. Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and now pedals her bike to work each day. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How COVID-19 can affect people with chronic auto-immune issues?
- What steps can I take to strengthen my immune system?
- Why is social distancing so important?
- How can we use self-quarantine to establish healthier life-style habits?
- How to achieve maximum nutrient density in your meals
Connect With Dr. Wahls
- Check out her website (https://terrywahls.com/)
- Connect on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TerryWahls/)
- Visit her on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/FoodAsMedicine)
Get Started With Sunbasket
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your co-hosts, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and functional nutritionist) and Dr. Kelly Donahue (clinical health psychologist and nutritional therapy consultant) have over 25 years of combined experience in medicine, psychology, and wellness. Our mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. We are busy mompreneurs and know how important your time is. We have designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. We interview a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and we discuss important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.