In this episode, Cynthia spoke with Jud Brewer MD PhD (“Dr. Jud”). Dr. Jud is a thought leader in the field of habit change and the “science of self-mastery”, combining over 20 years of experience with mindfulness training and a career in scientific research. He is passionate about understanding how our brains work, and how to use that knowledge to help people make deep, permanent change in their lives — with the goal of reducing suffering in the world at large.
He is the Director of Research and Innovation at the Mindfulness Center and associate professor in psychiatry at the School of Medicine at Brown University. He is a research affiliate at MIT. Dr. Brewer has developed and tested novel mindfulness programs for habit change, including both in-person and app-based treatments for smoking, emotional eating, and anxiety. He is also the author of “The Craving Mind.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- How do we form habits and why are they so hard to break?
- What is mindfulness?
- How is mindfulness different from meditation? From cognitive therapy?
Connect with Dr. Brewer:
- Website: https://drjud.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi6bQu-Df7Wh2x3gFT5a8aw/featured
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/judson.brewer.9
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr.jud/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/judbrewer/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/judson-brewer-md-phd-14524650
Direct CBD Online: https://www.directcbdonline.com/#a_aid=cynthiathurlow
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your host, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and nutrition/IF expert) has over 20 years of experience in clinal medicine and wellness. Her mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. She is a busy mompreneur and knows how important your time is. She has designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. She interviews a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and discusses important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.