In this episode, we are joined by Dr. Terry Wahls. Dr. Terry Wahls is a clinical professor of medicine at the University of Iowa where she conducts clinical trials. She is also a patient with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis, which confined her to a tilt-recline wheelchair for four years.
Dr. Wahls restored her health using a diet and lifestyle program she designed specifically for her brain and now pedals her bike to work each day. She is the author of The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicine, The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles (paperback), and the cookbook The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions. She conducts clinical trials that test the effect of nutrition and lifestyle interventions to treat MS and other progressive health problems.
Dr. Terry Wahls explains the essence of wellness: ”The Wahls Protocol improves how we conduct the chemistry and quality of life, improves energy, mood and reduces pain. And for many, this translates to reduce needs in medication.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Importance of diet and lifestyle in treating and curing chronic autoimmune conditions
- Standard versus radical treatments to multiple sclerosis
- Certain foods to avoid and foods to include in diet to promote treatment
- More about The Wahls Protocol
Connect with Dr. Terry Wahls
- Follow Dr. Wahls on Twitter, Youtube and Facebook
- Follow Dr. Wahls on her website
- Buy The Wahls Protocol: How I Beat Progressive MS Using Paleo Principles and Functional Medicinehere
- Buy The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles (paperback) here
- Buy The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life: The Revolutionary Modern Paleo Plan to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions here
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your co-hosts, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and functional nutritionist) and Dr. Kelly Donahue (clinical health psychologist and nutritional therapy consultant) have over 25 years of combined experience in medicine, psychology, and wellness. Our mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. We are busy mom-preneurs and know how important your time is. We have designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. We interview a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and we discuss important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.