In this episode, we are joined by Trudy Scott. Trudy Scott is a Food Mood Expert, and a certified nutritionist on a mission to educate and empower anxious individuals worldwide about natural solutions for anxiety, stress and emotional eating. She serves as a catalyst in bringing about life enhancing transformations that start with the healing powers of eating real whole food, using individually targeted supplementation and making simple lifestyle changes. She is known for her expertise in the use of targeted individual amino acids, nutritional solutions for the social anxiety condition pyroluria, and the harmful effects of benzodiazepines.
Trudy also presents nationally to nutrition and mental health professionals on food and mood, sharing all the recent research and how-to steps so they too can educate and empower their clients and patients. She is also author of the book The Antianxiety Food Solution: How the Foods You Eat Can Help You Calm Your Anxious Mind, Improve Your Mood & End Cravings (published by New Harbinger).
Trudy Scott explain the essence of wellness: ”We can change our mental health by changing our nutrition.”
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Link between Mental health and Nutrition
- More on about gluten and other anxiety triggering food element
- Amino acids versus pharmaceuticals
- Link between Pyroluria and Introversion and Social Anxiety
- Key body chemicals and vitamins that contributes to our mood
- Benefits of immersing oneself with nature
- The link between gut and brain
- Simple changes that we can adapt to improve mental health
Connect with Trudy Scott:
- Connect with Trudy on Facebook.
- Follow Trudy on her website
- Follow The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution website
- Buy The Anti-Anxiety Food Solution Book on Amazon, and Ebook.
- Join the Anxiety Summit 5 here
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Everyday Wellness is not just another health podcast. Your co-hosts, Cynthia Thurlow (nurse practitioner and functional nutritionist) and Kelly Donahue, PhD (clinical health psychologist and nutritional therapy consultant) have over 25 years of combined experience in medicine, psychology, and wellness. Our mission is to bring you the best, science-backed yet practical information to improve your physical and mental wellness every day. We are busy mom-preneurs and know how important your time is. We have designed this podcast to be short in time and big on impact. We interview a variety of guests in the field of health and wellness, and we discuss important issues and provide practical strategies that you can use in your real life.