Before you even consider taking part in a juice cleanse or consuming vegetable juice, there are some things you need to know. Not all juices are created equal.
Here are some signs to look for when choosing a high-quality juice:
- Raw and alive (not treated with pasteurization or HPP, which destroys the intrinsic nature of the vegetables)
- Cold pressed (protects the enzymes from oxidation)
- Contents should be mostly vegetables, very little fruit
- Created from organic produce
Once you’ve found a juice company that fills the requirements mentioned above, you need to be primed to consume the juice so that you reap the most reward.
Here are some tips for consuming juice:
- Drink on an empty stomach. This helps extend digestive rest, which is a hugely beneficial thing!
- Always consume 100% organic juices. You are just exposed to far too many pesticides and toxins in conventional options.
- Consume mostly vegetable juice. This helps ensure your blood sugar remains stable.
- Never consume pasteurized juice, ever or HPP.
Let’s address some of the Frequently Asked Questions that I receive.
I participate in a “Juice Ritual” that happens once a month. I am in love with The Weekly Juicery. I love their quality and their dedication to their consumers. I am an affiliate for The Weekly Juicery. So, for full disclosure, I have consumed a monthly juice ritual monthly for the past two years. Initially, I was very skeptical. But, after several opportunities trying this strategy, I now come to really look forward to it each month. I have found that making it to 24+ hours has become easier and easier each time.
How does a juice ritual work with intermittent fasting?
I am asked this question fairly frequently. During a juice ritual, you are consuming primarily vegetable-based juices. With the removal of fiber, your digestive rest continues, but you area able to enjoy continued benefits of fasting without “officially” breaking your fast. Your body is able to easily assimilate key vitamins and minerals that may be missing from your diet as well. The research on the benefits is on-going, but there is data to suggest it has a favorable impact on our gut microbiome, and, most importantly, our health.
Research on vegetable juicing: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5438379/
What are the health benefits to digestive rest and intermittent fasting?
- lowered body fat
- reduced incidence of cancer
- improved immune function
- slowed bone loss
- reduced risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease
- promotes longevity
Those are six awesome reasons to give juicing a try.
I hope this inspires you to give a juice ritual a try. If you are interested in doing the same juice ritual that I participate in, I’d love to have you join me!
You can give a one-time 24 hr juice fast a try by clicking the button below
If you know a monthly juicing fast is something you want in your routine, click the button below.
I hope you’ve learned a few things about juicing and you enjoy these juices as much as I do!