My main mission is improved hormonal health for women. However, one topic that is definitely a concern for women who want to age with vitality and confidence, is skincare.
You may not know that I am a Beautycounter consultant. And while you may think that direct sales is a strange business to be in, I have to disagree, especially when it comes to Beautycounter. Aligning myself with this company has been a phenomenal decision because they are about so much more than direct sales. They are passionate about changing legislature and subsequent products in the beauty industry. It’s a sad fact, that for women, our chemical and toxin load is greatly increased by the amount of body, skin and make up products that we put on our bodies. Our government does very little to protect us, the consumers, and that’s why I will continue to be aligned with Beautycounter. They care about your health and so do I.
When we absorb toxins from skincare products they can alter our hormone structures and increase inflammation, all of which, over time, can lead to serious health problems.
As I dive into my skin care routine I want you to keep these things in mind. I have been working hard to eliminate as many chemicals from my routine and I hope you do the same as well.
I’m going to break down for you the things I do yearly, quarterly, monthly and daily to help keep my outside appearance looking like a reflection of how I feel on the inside. I hope this helps you make better choices for your own beauty regimen.
My Healthful Skincare Routine
I get asked ALL the time about how I care for my skin, but to be fair, I have to include the fact that nutrition plays a huge role!
- Anti-inflammatory diet (no gluten. no grains. no dairy; limited processed sugars)
- Prioritize quality sleep and use a Slip eye mask (silk) with silk pillow case
- Facial wash: G.tox Malachite & Fruit Acid Pore Purifying Cleanser
- Eye cream: Beautycounter Rejuvenating eye cream
- Serum: Beautycounter Rejuvenating Radiance Serum
- Morning Moisturizer: Rejuvenating
- Facial oil (use as a primer): BC Vitamin C facial oil OR Balancing
- Facial wash: see above
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel and then Beautycounter Rejuvenating Night Cream
- Nourishing Cream Exfoliator
- Body Wash: Beautycounter Citrus Mimosa and G.Day Ginger & Ashwaghanda
- Body Scrub: Beautycounter Sugar Body Scrub (1x/week!)
- Bath Flakes: Sweet Birch Magnesium Bath Flakes
- Dry brushing every 2-3 days (I use this brush: https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Brushing-Natural-Bristle-Exfoliating/dp/B01L5DBDXS
- Body Lotion: Beautycounter Citrus Mimosa
- Deodorant: Native Vanilla
I do use injectables quarterly. I’ll do Botox a few times a year to help lift my eyebrows… makes a big difference. No judgement here folks, a little bit of Botox works really well for me! I suggest you do your due diligence and search out a true professional with a portfolio of work that you can trust.
Now for the big guns. I believe this treatment is the reason my skin continues to look as good as it does long term. I do a Pro-fractional laser facial treatment once a year. This is an advanced treatment and should be administered by a professional you trust. This procedure helps stimulate collagen, elastin and reduce pore size. It does come with a little down time, as your skin is treated to deep epidermis layers.SHOP BEAUTYCOUNTER
Share your routine with me! Did you find this helpful? Are you a Beautycounter fan? Let me know in the comments below!