Big box stores might not be your first thought when it comes to purchasing healthy food. But these days retailers are keeping up with the demand for better options. I recently went shopping at my local Costco to see what I could find. My strategy when shopping big box stores is that I want to find things that don’t contain inflammatory oils. I want to find things that we know will be beneficial for our bodies. I want to find organics and products that are gluten and dairy free. Here is a list of what I grabbed from my recent haul to Costco in Northern Virginia.
Nutritionist’s Guide to Costco
- Blueberries (organic)
- Blackberries (organic)
- Champagne Mangoes (not organic)
- Baby Bella Mushrooms (organic)
- Frozen Brussels sprouts (divided into 4 sectioned bags)
- Smoked beef sausage (grass-fed & grass-finished)
- Kerrygold butter
- Lemon Garlic avocado oil base marinade/dressing
- Frozen cauliflower rice in individual packages that can be microwaved
- Wholly Guacamole (individual guac packets)
- Simple Mills almond flour crackers
- Grain-free Granola
- Grain-free granola bars
- NJoy Life sunflower seed butter protein balls
View the full video below!
If you’re sick of the food industry and the diet food product industry like I am, I would love to help you navigate what foods you should actually be consuming. I co-authored a book, Primal Eating, and I would love to hear what you think about it. Inside the book we dispel myths, nutrition dogma and give you actionable advice. I’m so proud of it and I hope you enjoy it too!LEARN MORE
What are your family favorites from Costco? I’d love to hear from you. Simply drop a comment below!