Ep. 149 – Keto Flex, Feasting and Fasting: Bringing the Body Back to Normal Function with Ben Azadi
I am excited to talk to Ben Azadi today! Ben is the author of four best-selling books, Keto Flex, The Perfect Health Booklet, The Intermittent Fasting Cheat Sheet, and The Power of Sleep. He has been the go-to source for intermittent fasting and the ketogenic diet. In 2008, Ben went through a personal health transformation of shredding 80 pounds of pure fat. Ever since he has been on a mission to help 1 billion people live a healthier lifestyle. Ben is also the host of a top 15 podcast, The Keto Kamp Podcast, and the fast-growing Keto Kamp YouTube channel with over 122,000 subscribers.
Ben is known as ‘The Health Detective’ because he investigates dysfunction, and he educates, not medicates, to bring the body back to normal function. He is the founder of Keto Kamp, a global brand bringing awareness to ancient healing strategies such as the keto diet and fasting. Ben’s latest book, Keto Flex: The 4 Secrets to Reduce Inflammation, Burn Fat, and Reboot Your Metabolism, was a labor of love that took him a little over two years to complete. Be sure to tune in today to find out about his latest book, and hear what he has to say about keto and fasting.
“There are tremendous benefits to teaching your body to burn fat as the primary fuel source.”
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN:
- Ben gives a general overview of his latest book, Keto Flex.
- Ben talks about ketosis. He explains what it is, why we would want to aim for it, and why we should not get fixated on devices.
- Ben discusses the benefits of teaching your body to burn fat as the primary fuel source.
- It is easy to overdo certain fatty foods, like cheese or nuts.
- Ben explains how to burn extra body fat with keto.
- Ben shares his thought on using devices to measure ketones.
- In his book, Ben shares fifteen bio-hacks for getting better sleep. Optimizing sleep is vital. Sleep can impact our ability to become fat-adapted and have success with intermittent fasting.
- Ben shares two great sleep tips.
- Ben shares some fasting strategies.
- Taking responsibility for your health.
- Ben discusses how he helps women feel better about themselves and what he does to stay positive.
- Ben shares a valuable takeaway from his book, Keto Flex.
Connect with Ben Azadi
On his website
On Clubhouse: @thebenazadi
Get your copy of Ben’s new book Keto Flex
The Keto Kamp Podcast
The Unhealthy Truth by Rachel Kranz and Robyn O’Brien
Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Ultimate Library Collection (On Audible)
Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz
The Secret Life of Fat by Sylvia Tara
The Art of Living by Bob Proctor
The Power of Intention by Dr. Wayne Dyer
Connect with Cynthia Thurlow
Check out Cynthia’s website
Check Out Dry Farm Wines: www.dryfarmwines.com/cynthiathurlow
About Everyday Wellness Podcast
Welcome to the Everyday Wellness podcast with Cynthia Thurlow! Cynthia is a mom of 2 boys, wife, nurse practitioner, and intermittent fasting and nutrition expert. She has over 20 years experience in emergency medicine and cardiology, but pivoted to focus on food as medicine. She loves to share science-backed practical information to improve your overall well being and is grateful to be interviewing leaders in the health and wellness field. Her goal with Everyday Wellness is to help her listeners make simple changes to their everyday lives that will result in improved overall wellness and long term health.